Our cabins are rented out seasonally and are closed from November 1st to May 1st.
RESERVATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED THROUGH AIR BnB AND HIPCAMP AT THIS TIME
This page is for informational purposes only. Please search the name of the cabin you are interested in and book through their site. Once you book we ask that you keep us updated on your arrival time so that we can be sure to be ready and waiting for you!
We ask that all guests arrive before dark
Guests arriving after 10pm will be required to pay an additional $25 late check in fee in cash.
It’s simple living at its best. We're just over one hour from NYC but local folks love us too. We are an easy, inexpensive "staycation" and many use us frequently as their guest "bedroom" when out of town family or friends come. We offer a unique setting for your summer get-a-way or family reunion.
There is a communal Rustic Kitchen on the top of the mountain ideally situated between the Pagoda cabin, Mtn. Laurel cabin and Summit cabin. The kitchen has cookware, plates, french press, utensils, a stove, grill, coolers with ice, olive oil, salt/pepper, drinking water and running water! Lighting is limited and provided by LED lanterns - we always encourage people to bring their own additional lighting.
There are three large designated fire pits on the property. Some cabins also have their own fire pits which is noted in their individual descriptions. Fires are not allowed to be made in undesignated places! Only YOU can prevent forest fires!
Fire wood is available at $5 for a five log bundle but you are also welcome to bring your own.
Please Note per Connecticut state law - firewood cannot be brought in from out of the state.
Upon arrival we will provide you with a map and your own cooler with ice. We ferry our guests and their belongings up to their cabin at check in and upon check out but please remember that during your stay you will be traveling on foot! Please remember this when packing and planning your initial grocery provision trip.
Most of the cabins are a 10-25 minute walk through the woods, depending on your speed.
We do not allow private cars to drive up the mountain. NO EXCEPTIONS!
We restock ice and other goods daily and thus try to make ourselves as available and accommodating to changing needs as possible - we are are on the property 24 hours a day in case of emergency.
Important Things to Note
-Verizon wireless is the only network to have service throughout the property. Nearly all other providers have service on the top of the mountain where the majority of our cabins are located.
-Dogs are only allowed to stay in the Labyrinth Lodge. We try to stay respectful of our guests with allergies and thus have reserved this cabin for our guests with dogs. Please be aware that your dog must stay on a leash at all times.
-Please be advised that we are not solely a Bed and Breakfast; we are a working farm and while we aim to accommodate you as best as possible, there are sometimes other events going on that may affect your stay. We recommend you check our calendar of events prior to booking.
-There are five outdoor showers, one is located near the stone barn, two are located near the Rustic Kitchen area and two are located near the Solar and Log cabin.
- An outhouse that is cleaned weekly is located near the Rustic kitchen, Mtn. Laurel cabin, Summit cabin and Pagoda cabin and a two room state of the art composting toilets are shared between the Solar cabin and Log cabin - both a one minute walk away
- We have a wilderness camp that runs Monday - Friday from 9am - 3pm : Campers and staff respect the privacy of the cabins but you might see some groups of children building forts of stalking animals through the forest
- Please be aware that depending on rain fall the property is at risk of drought in the late summer. This can sometimes cause the pond levels to drop making it less scenic for some.
- None of the cabins except the Solar cabin, River House Boat, and Labyrinth Lodge have electric- fans are provided in these cabins
- There is a Stop and Shop grocery store located 2.5 miles from the farm